Perfected Form, Excellent Hydraulic Stability, Easy Installation
The Tetrapod, which has become synonymous with wave-dissipating blocks, have a simple shape yielding superior workability, and its high stability against wave action due to strong interlocking between each block makes structures stable.
- Perfected form With a simple form comprised of 4 truncated cone legs, this concrete block is extremely robust because of its high flexing resistance.
- Excellent hydraulic stability With a low center of gravity, individual blocks are extremely stable against currents and other external forces. As for the structure, the blocks interlock naturally and become more stable, and absorb the energy of the flow because of its high roughness and effective voids.
- Easy installation Our Tetrapod steel f Our Tetrapod steel molds are easy to set up and remove because they are composed of 4 simple interchangeable molds (shells). For placement, the Tetrapods are extremely adaptable to site conditions. The Tetrapods are highly workable to construct the sections according to the design.
- 【Marine】 breakwaters, foot protection, detached breakwaters, artificial reefs, jetties
- 【Waterways】foot protection, groundsill work, spur dikes, coffering
- Niigata west coast (Niigata Prefecture)
Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and tourism
Hokuriku Regional Development Bureau
- Submerged breakwater
- 20t type
- Gosawa, Aomori coast (Aomori Prefecture)
Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
Tohoku Regional Development Bureau
- Detached breakwater (300m)
- 6.3 type, landward side is stonework
- Nakagawa River (Tochigi Prefecture)
- Tochigi Prefecture
- 4t type