Combining conventional mechanical mixing and high-pressure jet mixing.
This method combines the merits of conventional mechanical mixing with high-pressure jet mixing. It forms soil cement blocks leaving no unimproved part.
|New civil engineering technology
|July 1999 Japan Institute of Country-ology and Engineering (JICE), 1st Technology Development Award
Cross jet injection
With the development of cross jet injection, because the jet mixing range is limited compared to regular high-pressure jet mixing methods…
- The diameter of the improvement columns can be carefully controlled without any effect from the ground
- Unconfined compression strength of the improvement columns can be freely selected within the standard range of 0.2-3.0MN/m
- The significantly improved mixing performance gives highly efficient implementation, and uniform columns can be formed.
Compared to regular mechanical mixing methods, with composite mixing…
- Installation close to existing structures or between improvement columns can be achieved reliably and easily
- Large section (more than 4 times the conventional) improvement columns can be formed.
- By stopping the cross jet injection the diameter of the improvement column can be changed at any depth as required.