Fudo Tetra acts as a dealer for Kyowa Filter Units, a leading brand of bag material for foot protection widely used for rivers and waterways.
With Kyowa Co. Ltd., the manufacturer of this product, we have jointly developed the Filter Unit S type, a material for bagged foot protection work which we had in mind for use under wave action conditions. As sole agent we are working to promote and spread the use of bagged material for marine locations. We recommend Filter Unit S as bagged material for marine purposes, due to its outstanding wave-resistant stability and resistance to wear.
- Environmental product
- Seawalls & Revetments
- Offshore breakwaters
- Wave-dissipating breakwaters
- Jetties & Headlands
- Submerged breakwaters & Artificial Reefs
- Fish beds & Seaweed beds
- Revetments (rivers)
- Spur dikes (rivers)
- Groundsills (rivers)
- Temporary placement
||For 4t (MS)
||For 6t (MS)
||For 8t (MS)
||Bag (single layer)
||Wave resistant, bound type (moss green color*)
||Recycled polyester 2 branches raschel net
||1670dtex x 33 x 2
|1670dtex × 45 × 2
|1670dtex × 57 × 2
||Tensile strength >2,600N per strand
||Tensile strength >3,400N per strand
||Tensile strength >4,000N per strand
Pebbles, broken stone, concrete rubble (75mm to human head size)
||3.8t to 4.2t**
||5.7t to 6.3t**
||7.6t to 8.4t**
* Moss green net used for S type has identical weather resistance to black nets, and fits better into natural surroundings.
** Weight varies according to specific gravity and size of filling material
Stability against wave action
Stability parameter N values when Filter Unit S type is used as cladding for embankments are as follows:
- 【Marine】wave-dissipating work, foot protection, sloping embankments, offshore breakwaters, artificial reefs, jetties
- 【Waterways】Foot protection, groundsill work, spur dikes, coffering
Assembly is done through an easy procedure as with conventional filter units.
Fill with filling material by machinery
Tie up the mouth of the bag (pull out the binding rope)
Withdraw the binding rope and tie
Weather resistance of the Filter Unit’s net has been certified as sufficient through indoor testing to JIS standards.
- Wear resistance: the product has not yet been long used on site. We therefore recommend its use inside bays, for foot protection, cladding, sand barriers, preventing scouring, or as a base for seaweed beds.
- For use in the open sea, where there is considerable movement of sand and gravel on the seabed, we recommend careful study prior to use.