HOME > Company > Corporate History

Corporate History

Fudo Construction Corporation
January 1947 With construction as the primary business objective, established Takita No Kumi Co., Ltd. in Osaka
September 1949 Registered as a construction business operator under the Construction Business Act
November 1956 Changed trade name to Fudo Construction Corporation
December 1958 Established Tokyo Headquarters
August 1961 Listed stock on the Osaka OTC Market
October 1961 Listed stock on the Second Section of the Osaka Securities Exchange Market
May 1962 Listed stock on the Second Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange Market
December 1962 Established Nagoya Branch (currently Chubu Branch)
July 1964 Established Kyushu Branch
February 1967 Transferred stock listing to the First Section on each stock exchange
October 1970 Established Osaka Headquarters
June 1971 Established Fudo Construction Research Co., Ltd. (currently KEN KEN Co., Ltd.)
July 1976 Established Fudo Heavy Machinery Co., Ltd. (currently Soil Technica Co., Ltd.)
December 1988 Changed fiscal year-end from September 30 to March 31
March 2004 Transferred operations of construction business to Nakano Corporation
Transferred all stock in Fudo Construction Research Co., Ltd. (currently KEN KEN Co., Ltd.) to Phoenix Capital Co., Ltd.
Tetra Corporation receives capital increase via a third-party allotment, making it a subsidiary
February 2005 Established Fudo Construction Inc. in California, the United States
Tetra Corporation
May 1961 With production and sales of tetrapods, and design and installation of the construction thereof as the primary business objectives, established in Chuo-ku, Tokyo
June 1961 Registered as a construction business operator under the Construction Business Act
March 1966 Moved headquarters to Minato-ku, Tokyo
May 1969 Established Tsuchiura Technical Center (currently Comprehensive Technology Research Center) in Tsuchiura, Ibaraki Prefecture
July 1972 To change stock par value, merged with Shutoken Printing and Binding Co., Ltd. (Koto-ku, Tokyo) as the surviving company, and changed trade name to Nippon Tetrapod Co., Ltd.
November 1972 Listed stock on the Second Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange Market
July 1981 Moved headquarters to Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
April 1993 Established Tetra Trading Co., Ltd. (currently Welfare Trading Co., Ltd.)
September 1993 Transferred stock listing to the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange Market
October 1995 Changed trade name to Tetra Corporation
October 1999 Established Shuwa Construction Co., Ltd. (currently Takahashi-Shuwa Construction Co., Ltd.)
July 2003 Moved headquarters to Minato-ku, Tokyo
March 2004 Received a capital increase from Fudo Construction Corporation via a third-party allotment, becoming its subsidiary
January 2005 Acquired all stock of Tripole Co., Ltd., making it a subsidiary
September 2006 Acquired all stock of Toa Civil Engineering Co., Ltd., making it a subsidiary
Fudo Tetra Corporation
October 2006 With Fudo Construction Corporation as the surviving company, Tetra Corporation and Fudo Construction Corporation merged and change trade name to Fudo Tetra
July 2011 Moved headquarters from Osaka to Chuo-ku, Tokyo
August 2011 Delisted stock from Osaka Securities Exchange

Page top